Sign Up for RSS
Simply copy the following URLs into your reader of choice. (see below for detailed instructions)
What is RSS?
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is an XML-based format for sharing and distributing Web content, such as news headlines. Using an RSS reader, you can view data feeds from various news sources, such as Greenbrier.com, including headlines, summaries, links to full stories.
RSS/News Aggregators (also called Readers) will download and display RSS feeds for you. A number of free and commercial News Aggregators are available for download.
Many aggregators are separate, "stand-alone" programs; other services will let you add RSS feeds to a Web page.
If You Don't Have An RSS Reader:
If you do not already have a way to access RSS feeds, you'll need to get and install a FREE RSS "reader."
Here are a couple:
Mozilla Firefox, Apple's Safari and Internet Explorer 7 have built in support for RSS.
Detailed Instructions for Windows Users
Outlook 2007 Instructions
- Click an RSS link and copy the URL
- Open Outlook 2007
- In the Mail navigation pane, right-click RSS Subscriptions.
- In the New RSS Feed window, enter the URL of the RSS feed, and then click Add.
- In the confirmation window, click Yes. To configure the feed first, click Advanced.
Internet Explorer 7 Instructions
- Browse to a site that offers RSS feeds.
Find such sites through a search engine, or visit your favorite sites and see if they have feeds. The RSS icon in the browser toolbar lights up when it identifies a page with an RSS feed.
- Click the arrow next to the RSS icon to see a list of feeds for that page.
- Click one of the feeds to view a Web page that shows all content for the feed.
- On the Web page, click Subscribe to this feed.
- In the Subscribe to this Feed window, click Subscribe.
Windows Vista Instructions
- On the Windows Vista desktop, right-click the Sidebar, and then click Add Gadgets.
- In the Gadgets window, right-click the Feed Viewer, and then click Add. You can also drag the Feed Viewer to the Sidebar.
- In the Sidebar, right-click the Feed Viewer, and then click Settings. A list of feeds appears. The list consists of feeds from the Microsoft RSS Feed Store as well as the feeds you have subscribed to.
- Click a feed, and then click OK. The feed now appears in the Feed Viewer.
- To view the RSS content, in the Feed Viewer, click the feed.
Note A Feed Viewer displays only one RSS feed. To display multiple feeds, you must add multiple Feed Viewers.